Fwd: PostgreSQL Statement Dependency Resolving | Schema Upgrade

From: Jagmohan Kaintura <jagmohan(at)tecorelabs(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fwd: PostgreSQL Statement Dependency Resolving | Schema Upgrade
Date: 2021-03-01 03:19:12
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jagmohan Kaintura <jagmohan(at)tecorelabs(dot)com>
Date: Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 7:44 AM
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>

Hi Team,

WHile performing a schema upgrade which needs any alter in the definition
of schema object, it always asks to execute that statement with CASCADE as
it has many dependent objects on it.

Most of the time we have to drop a lot of entities to just compile a simple
view.

In out case :
Views are being referenced by many other schema objects , in procedures,
functions and views.

Do we have any PostgreSQL extension or any standardized method which can
help with capturing all the cascade objects before dropping them and then
reloading once the new definition is applied.

--
*Best Regards,*
Jagmohan