How not to use JDBC (JDBC Performance Scale 15x presentation)

From: Jorge Solórzano <jorsol(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How not to use JDBC (JDBC Performance Scale 15x presentation)
Date: 2017-03-15 21:07:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Dave,

In your JDBC presentation at Scale 15x you mention that the best solution
to get advantage of caching is to never close the statements if possible,

How that works? I normally (and most people I think) do a open - close
approach, and it's probably the best practice I think (to avoid leaks). So
how can a statement remain open for the lifespan of the application?

I mostly use applications in the context of application servers, where they
have connection pools and their own statement cache, so is valid to
"enable" the statement cache of the application server and expect that the
driver internally use them?