Re: postgresql-jdbc driver not respecting prepareThreshold=0

From: Jorge Solórzano <jorsol(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>, Malcolm Studd <malcolm(dot)studd(at)tradingcentral(dot)com>, List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql-jdbc driver not respecting prepareThreshold=0
Date: 2017-02-03 14:52:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> wrote:

> On 3 February 2017 at 09:16, Jorge Solórzano <jorsol(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry for not looking this up myself, but have you provided an updated
>>> documentation patch then ?
>>>

>> Well, apart ​from the connection parameter in
>> https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/connect.html there is no
>> section about logging, let me send a patch for that with the new connection
>> properties (there are already updated in the README.md).
>>
>> BTW, I think that the documentation (and the website in general) is
>> getting outdated, after the release maybe someone focus on a fresh site.
>>
>> Maybe this have been asked before, but, is not better to have the
>> documentation along with the driver? maybe use the standard /docs folder so
>> it's easier to use GitHub Pages.
>>

> The patch would have to be against the www site.
>
> I'm not in favour of moving it to github. It is owned by the postgresql
> group, and should remain there.

Maybe I express me bad, ​I'm not saying to move the hosting to GitHub, I
mean to move the *www/documentation/head* into *pgjdbc/docs*. that probably
would require a 2 step generation and publish of the documentation (I'm not
aware of the current process of the update to jdbc.postgresql.org) but it
will simplify a lot making a single PR with a change and update to
documentation, and "additionally" contributors can enable GitHub pages for
their forks to see real changes made to docs.