Re: Versioning policy PgJDBC - discussion

From: Jorge Solórzano <jorsol(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>, List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Versioning policy PgJDBC - discussion
Date: 2016-11-25 15:44:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 6:12 AM, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> wrote:

> I could be convinced of this. I'm concerned about the unintended side
> effects such as packaging guys having to deal with the number changing
> dramatically.

There should be no problem since the version is greater than current one,
13 > 9​

​(or 42 > 9) ​
​so packaging should be no problem​...

IMO 42 is a somewhat arbitrary number, and the 13.xx reflects more the
continuation of 12xx, and in 4 years until Pg13, we probably should have
advanced as few or as many version we can, so a potential clash is more
remote.