Replicating / Updating Materialized views across databases

From: Alex Magnum <magnum11200(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replicating / Updating Materialized views across databases
Date: 2023-04-23 15:39:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have large centralized master database for which I created a few
materialized views exclusively used by Web sites running in different
regions on their own servers.

To avoid having to connect to and pull data from across the globe I am
thinking about running small postgres instances in each region that only
hold these materialized views. (trying to avoid Memcached, Redis)

Is there a way to refresh a materialized view across servers? Maybe using
DB Link?
What would be the most efficient way to keep these in sync?

Any suggestions? Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks
Alex