Re: Regex Replace with 2 conditions

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: George Neuner <gneuner2(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regex Replace with 2 conditions
Date: 2018-02-06 16:57:33
Lists: pgsql-general

George:

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 4:46 PM, George Neuner <gneuner2(at)comcast(dot)net> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 18:22:02 +0100, Francisco Olarte
> <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com> wrote:
>>I repeat for the last time. YOU ARE NOT USING ASCII. ASCII IS A SEVEN
>>BIT CODE, 0-128. "?" IS NOT IN THE ASCII CHARACTER SET.

I made a typo there, 0..127, not 128 ( or [0,128) ;-) )

> What ASCII table are you reading? The question mark symbol is #63. It
> lies between the numbers and the capital letter set.

I'm not reading any ascii table, and I did NOT send a question mark.
IIRC I copied an a with something looking like an inverted circumflex
above. I was using gmail in ubuntu in firefox, wihich I think works in
unicode and sends mail in UTF-8, AAMOF I've looked at it and I see: