Re: psql color hostname prompt

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql color hostname prompt
Date: 2016-04-25 14:39:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi:

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Achilleas Mantzios
<achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello, have done that, looked really nice, but unfortunately this resulted
> in a lot of garbled output, in case of editing functions, huge queries, up
> arrows, etc...

Did you use %[ %] to delimit non-printing sequences as Cal did? I've
tested his prompt ( substituting 'echo tarari' for his sh script ) and
it works fine ( at least in xfce4-terminal / ubuntu / 6 terminal lines
long input line ). I've seen a lot of color prompts worked by
forgetting them ( even when the doc for them specially speaks of color
changes ).
Frnacisco Olarte.