Re: Is there any configuration in postgresql.conf or any other configuration of postgres which will make this possible to listen on particular interface

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: M Tarkeshwar Rao <m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is there any configuration in postgresql.conf or any other configuration of postgres which will make this possible to listen on particular interface
Date: 2019-10-16 10:33:13
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 12:07 PM M Tarkeshwar Rao
<m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com> wrote:
> Above processes are bind on all the interfaces of a machine. Is there any configuration in postgresql.conf or any other configuration of postgres which will make this possible to listen on particular interface?

Listening on an INTERFACE is a tricky thing. But if you can manage
with listening on a particular ADDRESS and letting the os pick the
interfaces for you, you can try listen_address ( which is trivially
found on https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-connection.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CONNECTION-SETTINGS
, although being lazy I just searched for "listen" on the manual index
)

Francisco Olarte.