Re: Strange result using pg_dump gzip or split.

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: Condor <condor(at)stz-bg(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange result using pg_dump gzip or split.
Date: 2014-11-10 13:42:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Followup, second try.

First of all, I'd like to apologize to the list for my previous message, I
borked some finger gymnastics when switching tabs and sent and incomplete
one. My fault. Sorry.

Now what I tried to say was:

I did not spot it at first, looking at
http://www.gzip.org/zlib/rfc-gzip.html#file-format I see:

ISIZE (Input SIZE) This contains the size of the original (uncompressed)
input data modulo 2^32. And given gzip -l is usually much faster than -tv I
suspect it's just reporting this size.

Francisco Olarte.