Re: Even more OT: Ditto machines [was: bottom / top posting]

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: "Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)" <postgresql(at)mailpen(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Even more OT: Ditto machines [was: bottom / top posting]
Date: 2021-06-10 23:49:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 10:52 PM Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)
<postgresql(at)mailpen(dot)com> wrote:
> Tom mentioned "old-timers." Remember "Ditto" machines? Remember the odor? They were in common use when I was in high school (1960).
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimeograph

I was in the spanish equivalent of high school in 1980 and although
there were photocopiers they were still used a lot. IIRC they were
much cheaper per copy, and were commonly used for exams and similar
high volume things. And in those years spain still lagged a lot behind
europe / usa.

Francisco Olarte.