event trigger should provide more details

From: Lian Jiang <jiangok2006(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: event trigger should provide more details
Date: 2023-05-30 20:23:45
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,

I plan to create an event trigger to detect schema change (e.g. add/remove
a column, change column type), and write it into a separate table (e.g.
EVENTS). Then a process periodically reads this table to send schema change
notification. However, the event trigger
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpgsql-trigger.html> (43.10.2.
Triggers on Events) does not provide me info such as which table is
altered, old and new schema. Am I missing something? Thanks very much for
any hints.

Regards
Lian