Postgres AST Deparser for Postgres

From: Dan Lynch <pyramation(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres AST Deparser for Postgres
Date: 2022-05-17 15:29:11
Lists: pgsql-general

HI all! I wanted to share a useful tool that I built during the pandemic.

(if this is the wrong mailing list, please let me know where I should be
sharing this, thanks)

I do a lot of functional programming and need dynamic SQL. My personal
belief is that ORMs are the wrong interface to creating migrations, and I
prefer a pg native, functional approach. This library was actually one of
the base extensions of a larger set, and I used this to create higher level
structures for creating migrations. So while this is “low-level” you can
definitely create stored procedures that do make it higher-level if you
wish.

I hope some of you find this useful with your projects!

postgres-ast-deparser

A pure plpgsql AST toolkit and deparser for PostgreSQL, which can be used
to create ASTs and deparse them back into strings in native Postgres.

https://github.com/pyramation/postgres-ast-deparser