mysql_fdw trouble

From: Dane Foster <studdugie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: mysql_fdw trouble
Date: 2015-10-29 17:47:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have a MySQL/PHP app that I want to port to PostgreSQL so I just
installed the mysql_fdw from https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/mysql_fdw
because I'd like to do the data migration in SQL if possible.

Installation and set up worked flawlessly but when I run the following query
SELECT
title,
description,
'[' || starts || ', ' || COALESCE(ends, 'infinity') || ']'
FROM
_filler
WHERE
starts IS NOT NULL
AND description IS NOT NULL
AND LENGTH(TRIM(title)) > 0
AND LENGTH(TRIM(description)) > 0;

​I get the following error:​
​ ​

​ERROR: failed to prepare the MySQL query:
FUNCTION latest.btrim does not exist

FYI: Tables names that start w/ _ are the MySQL versions of PostgreSQL
tables.​

​Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dane