Re: A table of magic constants

From: Dane Foster <studdugie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A table of magic constants
Date: 2015-07-11 20:55:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for the additional reference links but my concern was less about
how to find out what a function (formerly magic constant) that I
encountered in the wild did but more about having a list that would educate
newcomers/me about what is automatically available for use. For example, in
the RLS example from my original message, had I the same or similar need as
the poster I would not have been able to formulate the policy that I quoted
because I had no clue that SESSION_USER even existed. Specifically I would
not have been able to formulate the following clause, "... WITH CHECK
(username = SESSION_USER)", w/o first knowing that SESSION_USER was a thing.

​Regards,​

Dane