[patch] Refactor: clipboard, translations, jasmine

From: Atira Odhner <aodhner(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [patch] Refactor: clipboard, translations, jasmine
Date: 2017-02-24 19:14:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi hackers,

We made some changes to start to make the javascript testable:

- Move clipboard copying into its own file so we can test the
interaction with it when we start adding column selection
- Create a translations.js and translate.js which uses flask to pull in
translations, but
lets us have the flask template rendering confined to that one file,
enabling us to test javascript files that rely on translations
- add jasmine javascript testing which currently runs from the browser
at /static/SpecRunner.html when the app is up.
- delete some dead code from sqleditor.js

Why we decided to make translate.js only support interpolations of the form
"%(variable)s":
- it matches functionality in python
- having named variables allows for multiple interpolations in one
sentence without the risk that a translation will swap the order

Future things we'd like to add to this:
- make jasmine run from the commandline with the rest of the tests
- support for translations with number formatting

Tira & Sarah

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Refactor-clipboard-translations-jasmine.patch application/octet-stream 243.8 KB