Re: Stalled news about ora2pg 11 on pg.org

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Stalled news about ora2pg 11 on pg.org
Date: 2013-04-15 18:49:10
Lists: pgsql-www

On 15 April 2013 19:34, damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info> wrote:

> Last week, I submitted an article on pg.org (id #1459) about the release
> of ora2pg11. The content is pretty much the same as the mail I sent to
> -announce on the same day :
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/516533D0.2090906@dalibo.info
>
> I see the article is not approved. Did I miss something ? Is there any
> reason for this ?

2ndQuadrant has experienced significant delays in at least 3 cases
also. There is definitely a problem somewhere there.

Perhaps we should make all posts wait the same length of time, to
allow reasonable time to decide whether posts are suitable? 72 hours
seems like a reasonable time for this.

That way it would allow (and require) some planning.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/