Re: refactoring basebackup.c (zstd workers)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>, Dipesh Pandit <dipesh(dot)pandit(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Jeevan Ladhe <jeevanladhe(dot)os(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, "Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP)" <noriyoshi(dot)shinoda(at)hpe(dot)com>, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)toroid(dot)org>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan(dot)ladhe(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: refactoring basebackup.c (zstd workers)
Date: 2022-03-29 12:51:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 8:11 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> I suspect Robert wrote it that way intentionally --- but if so,
> I agree it could do with more than zero commentary.

Well, the point is, we stop advancing kwend when we get to the end of
the keyword, and *vend when we get to the end of the value. If there's
a value, the end of the keyword can't have been the end of the string,
but the end of the value might have been. If there's no value, the end
of the keyword could be the end of the string.

Maybe if I just put that last sentence into the comment it's clear enough?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com