Re: Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Date: 2016-01-04 15:11:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> It seems it is the first database that _integrates_ RLS with SELinux though.
> Maybe this sentence could be re-worded to focus on the fact that the
> integration with SELinux is a first, not RLS itself?

Integration with SELinux isn't new; sepgsql is several years old. And
we weren't the first database to have that; AFAIK, that'd be trusted
Rubix. We were the first *open source* database to have that
capability, but again, that's not a new thing in 9.5.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company