Re: Log a sample of transactions

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrien NAYRAT <adrien(dot)nayrat(at)anayrat(dot)info>
Subject: Re: Log a sample of transactions
Date: 2019-01-24 21:24:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 8:23 AM Adrien NAYRAT
<adrien(dot)nayrat(at)anayrat(dot)info> wrote:
> On 1/18/19 9:03 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > But if you have trouble with a specific transaction, how will a setting
> > help that randomly logs transactions, not necessarily the one you are
> > concerned about?
>
> Yes, it assumes your application performs same type of transaction.
> Maybe the use case is too specific to have this feature in core?

It doesn't sound too crazy to me. Say you log a sample of statements.
But then you're like, wow, this is hard to interpret, because I don't
know what happened earlier in the transaction. So then you use this
feature instead.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company