more parallel query documentation

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: more parallel query documentation
Date: 2016-04-15 03:02:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As previously threatened, I have written some user documentation for
parallel query. I put it up here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Parallel_Query

This is not totally comprehensive and I can think of a few more
details that could be added, but it's a pretty good high-level
overview of what got into 9.6. After this has gotten some feedback
and polishing, I would like to add a version of this to the SGML
documentation somewhere. I am not sure where it would fit, but I
think it's good to document stuff like this.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company