Re: Collation version tracking for macOS

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeremy Schneider <schneider(at)ardentperf(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Collation version tracking for macOS
Date: 2022-06-07 21:07:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 4:24 PM Jeremy Schneider
<schneider(at)ardentperf(dot)com> wrote:
> I haven't yet found a Red Hat minor release that changed
> glibc collation.

I feel like this is a thing that happens regularly enough that it's
known to be a gotcha by many of my colleagues here at EDB.

Perhaps that's all pure fiction, but I doubt it. People don't go
around making up stories about things being broken so they can say bad
things about Red Hat. They got told by customers that things are
broken and then go try to figure out how that happened.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com