Re: Add a GUC check hook to ensure summarize_wal cannot be enabled when wal_level is minimal

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add a GUC check hook to ensure summarize_wal cannot be enabled when wal_level is minimal
Date: 2024-07-11 16:16:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 6:51 AM Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com> wrote:
> It looks like the fast_forward field in WalSummarizerData is no longer necessary.
>
> So far, I haven't found any other issues with the patch.

Thanks for reviewing. Regarding fast_forward, I think I had the idea
in mind that perhaps it should be exposed by
pg_get_wal_summarizer_state(), but I didn't actually implement that.
Thinking about it again, I think maybe it's fine to just remove it
from the shared memory state, as this should be a rare scenario in
practice. What is your opinion?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com