Re: Inheritance of foregn key constraints.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrzej Mazurkiewicz <andrzej(at)mazurkiewicz(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inheritance of foregn key constraints.
Date: 2014-04-01 17:56:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Andrzej Mazurkiewicz
<andrzej(at)mazurkiewicz(dot)org> wrote:
> That change is necessary to reduce scope of modifications necessary for an
> implementation of the inheritance of foregn key constraints, particularly for
> removing of objects.

Nobody here is going to accept that goal as a valid reason to set the
dependency type to the wrong value. The value we assign for the
dependency type has important user-visible semantics which we are not
going to break for the purpose of making some feature simpler to
implement. Of course, PostgreSQL is open source, so you can change
your own copy however you like. But such modifications won't be
accepted here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company