Re: [External] RE: Estimate time without running the query

From: Neto pr <netoprbr9(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vjain(at)opentable(dot)com
Cc: johnescm(at)hotmail(dot)com, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [External] RE: Estimate time without running the query
Date: 2018-09-13 22:30:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Em qui, 13 de set de 2018 às 18:49, Vijaykumar Jain <vjain(at)opentable(dot)com>
escreveu:

> explain analyze would *run* the query and it can be dangerous if it is a
> DML statement like insert/update/delete 😊
>

> If you still want to go with explain analyze,
>
> You can do
>

> begin;
>
> explain analyze <my query>;
>
> rollback;

Dear all,

The problem is that using the explain analyze <query> I have to wait for
the query to execute.
I would like to estimate the time without having to wait for the query
execution.
Does anyone know how to estimate the time without waiting for the query to
be executed?

Best regards
Neto