Streaming replication for security

From: Marcio Duarte <maethorin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Streaming replication for security
Date: 2016-12-17 13:58:07
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers

Hello ppl,

My name is Márcio, from Brazil and I need help in understanding the
streaming replication process.

I have a PostgreSQL data base hosted in an internal server. I need to
replicate this database on Heroku for read only access, but I need to keep
this Heroku instance synced with my internal server... I don't want to
expose this PostgreSQL internal server to the Web...

What I understood in https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication
is that standby will read data from master and not the other way... In this
case, I will need to expose the internal database server to the Web via
TCP, right?

If so, there is a way to make the master send the data to standby?

Ty all!

Márcio