[GSoC] json helper functions

From: Charles Cui <charles(dot)cui1984(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
Subject: [GSoC] json helper functions
Date: 2018-05-30 04:42:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi mentors and hackers,

I am working on providing a new plugin where creates new data type
(thrift). What I am currently planning is to translate cstring to byte for
thrift_in functions. The cstring should be json format. When I looking at
json helper functions I find the header

./include/server/utils/json.h

where all functions have the signature of Datum
function(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS).This signature causes extra overhead when
writing the code because I need to convert my intermediate variables to the
required format. Wondering are there any json helpers that are used by
postgresql and plugins can directly call?

Thanks Charles