Secured ldap connectivity between PostgreSQL and LDAPs server

From: chiru r <chirupg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Secured ldap connectivity between PostgreSQL and LDAPs server
Date: 2017-12-08 12:40:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

We are using LDAP authentication for authenticating users in PostgreSQL on
Linux server and we are able to authenticate successfully.

However we want to configure secured LDAP (LDAPS) by using Certificates.

Please help me i have couple of questions to configuring LDAPS.

1. Which location we need to keep the LDAPs Certificate files in PostgreSQL
Linux server ?.
2. Do we need to change any configuration file for certificate references
on Linux server ? .
2. What need to be changed in Postgresql.conf file and pg_hba.conf file ?

Thanks
Chiru