Postgres > 12 with Windows Server 2012

From: Markus Oley <markus(dot)oley(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres > 12 with Windows Server 2012
Date: 2024-02-26 15:53:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello everyone,
I need to run Postgres on Windows Server 2012. Postgres 12 is EndOfLive in
< 12 months, so I'd like to use newer versions (I've got Postgres 15
sorted) in this scenario. However, I have concerns because Postgres 13
onwards is no longer specified for Windows Server 2012.
Is this just due to the fact that Windows Server 2012 is already EndOfLive
or are there really hard reasons (such as reliability degradation or
expected technical problems) why this combination should be avoided?

Would be nice if I could hear a well-founded opinion on this.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Markus