replication strange behavior

From: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: replication strange behavior
Date: 2023-11-30 20:41:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have postgres 12 running in centos 7.

I have configured streaming replication between one master and one standby
server.

In the pg_hba.conf file of the master server, I have put the standby
server's hostname instead of IP and due to which replication got broken and
I started getting below error.

FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host
"10.20.8.22", user "replication", SSL off

2023-11-30 12:00:25 PST|pid=24096|FATAL: XX000: could not connect to the
primary server: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection

from host "10.20.8.22", user "replication", SSL on

I put the ip of standby back in pg_hba.conf file of the master server and
replication got started, though in the standby server I mentioned the
hostname of master in primary_conninfo on the standby side.

So why is the master not reading the hostname of standby ? What am I
missing here ?

Regards,

Atul