base directory size getting increased

From: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: base directory size getting increased
Date: 2021-06-07 10:41:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a query from which I am trying to export the data into a csv
file(around 10 lakhs record) but when I am doing so the base sub
directory size of data directory is getting increased.

can someone help me in telling 'why base sub directory size is getting
increased'?

my postgres version is 9.6.

Regards,
Atul.