Streaming replication between different OS

From: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Streaming replication between different OS
Date: 2021-02-22 06:17:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have postgres 9.6 cluster running on Centos 6.8, so I just wanted to know
that can I configure streaming replication with same postgres version i.e
9.6 running on centos 7.

Suggestions are welcome as the Centos versions are different one is 6.8 and
second one is 7.

Also please let me know if there will be any challenge in case of failover.