Re: strange behavior of pg_hba.conf file

From: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange behavior of pg_hba.conf file
Date: 2023-11-22 17:03:03
Lists: pgsql-general

The entries that I changed were to replace the md5 with scram-sha-256 and
remove unnecessary remote IPs.

But it has nothing to do with connecting the server locally with "psql -d
postgres -U postgres -h localhost"

But when I try to connect it locally I get this error. So it is related to
local connections only and when I pass the hostname or ip of the server it
works fine without any issue.

Regards.