Wrong passwords allowed

From: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Wrong passwords allowed
Date: 2023-06-29 00:45:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am having a strange issue that I have a postgres intance running on
version 12 in centos 7.

So whenever I am trying to login in the database using psql -W option, I am
entering the wrong passwords for that user, even after that I am logging in
the database.

So could you help me in telling why is this strange behavior happening.

It is taking any passwords for any user be it right password or wrong
password.

What could be the problem?

Regards.