permission denied on socket

From: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: permission denied on socket
Date: 2024-01-25 20:22:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have postgres 13 running on centos 7.

I am facing an issue while trying to connect the cluster using the below
command.

-bash-4.2$ psql postgres

psql: error: connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed:
Permission denied

Is the server running locally and accepting connections on that
socket?

but when I am trying to connect using the below command I am able to login
to the cluster successfully.

-bash-4.2$ psql postgres -h localhost

postgres=#

I am not sure what is causing this issue and what needs to be done to
resolve it ?

Regards.