Re: purpose of an entry in pg_hba.conf file

From: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: purpose of an entry in pg_hba.conf file
Date: 2023-10-26 18:44:37
Lists: pgsql-general

as per response

"It allows anyone/anything on the local machine to connect to the database
without authentication. Whether that impacts any particular one/thing
depends on your personal setup."

There is already one line to serve your stated purpose
local all all trust

That's why I specifically raised this question for below from postgresql
experts
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

So still I am not able to find a valid reason for keeping this entry. So
please help me in explaining the same.

Regards,