Re: [Design Update] Visual design of query editor and results table

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Shirley Wang <swang(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Design Update] Visual design of query editor and results table
Date: 2017-04-12 15:26:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Shirley Wang <swang(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Our team is starting to work on changes to the results table, including:
>
> 1. changing unselected columns and row colors to grey

I'd like to see the entire window to see if that seems to make things too
flat, but no objection to a colour change in principal.

> 2. changing selected columns and rows to blue

OK.

> 3. differentiating header text so that field name is bold and datatype is
> in brackets

Not sure about the brackets - for example, it might look weird with array
types, e.g.

[character varying(50)[]]

Given that the column name is in bold, and the type isn't, perhaps the
brackets should be omitted?

> 4. text is white when columns are selected

OK.

> 5. removing checkboxes in each cell

\o/

> 6. adding a triangle indicator for select all (top left corner)

I like it.