Re: 401 Unauthorized on first run of pgadmin4

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: John Little <john(dot)b(dot)little(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 401 Unauthorized on first run of pgadmin4
Date: 2018-07-13 08:46:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 5:27 AM, Khushboo Vashi <
khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 9:37 AM, John Little <john(dot)b(dot)little(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've today tried to install pgadmin4 on Kubuntu 18.04 according to the
>> instructions at
>>
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt
>>
>> Running pgadmin4 produces a 401 Unauthorized page in firefox.
>>
>> By using the pgAdmin 4 Tray Icon, you can browse pgAdmin 4 in the default
> browser.
> If you want to change the browser, use configure option from the pgAdmin 4
> Tray icon.
> To set Firefox as a default browser for pgAdmin then provide the command
> as below
>
> "<Path to firefox>" %URL%
>
> Example: "/usr/bin/firefox" %URL%

Yeah - you can expect to see 401's if you're running pgAdmin in desktop
mode, and try to connect without using the security key. Running under the
runtime as Khushboo suggests should prevent that happening.

In server mode, you should always be redirected to the login page if you
need to authenticate (and the security key isn't used).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company