Re: pgAdmin 4 v6.7 Released

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Osdoba, Sascha" <S(dot)Osdoba(at)gsi(dot)de>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 4 v6.7 Released
Date: 2022-03-14 16:52:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 at 16:20, Osdoba, Sascha <S(dot)Osdoba(at)gsi(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> one question:
>

> if I install pgadmin v4 6.6 and check pgadmin4.exe in C:\Program
> Files\pgAdmin 4\v6\runtime it tells me under details its fileversion is
> 0.62.0.0
>

> if i install pgadmin v4 6.7 and check pgadmin4.exe in C:\Program
> Files\pgAdmin 4\v6\runtime it tells me under details its fileversion is
> 0.61.0.0

Yes. That is because the executable is the nw.is runtime, which we
downgraded due to a bug in the 0.62.0 version (the startup delay on some
platforms)

> in my humble opinion file version should not be lowered in a later
> version. Did you reused pgadmin4.exe from version 6.5?
>

> Yes I know I can use registry for software deployment detection - looks
> like I have to use registry from now on.

Yes, and you always should - we don’t always have a new version of nw.js to
upgrade to, so it’s version doesn’t reflect the pgAdmin version.

The same is likely true of most apps that use nw.js or Electron as a
runtime (E.g. Slack or Spotify).

> Regards
>

> Sascha

Dave Page