Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix issues in Boolean editor

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix issues in Boolean editor
Date: 2017-11-21 10:46:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

HI

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <
murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> PFA updated patch with custom tristate boolean editor for SlickGrid to
> make it compatible with Qt runtime.
> I have tested it web mode & also modified the feature test accordingly.
>
> Also thanks to Neel for testing the patch with latest runtime code.

Cool - so a few thoughts...

- Can we make the null symbol a question mark?

- I think the feature tests should be enhanced to ensure we verify the
clickthrough sequence of the new control. I don't think we need a new test
- maybe just an enhancement to the existing editor test?

- With a table of the definition shown below, if I add a row with a default
value for the ID, and false, true, null and hit save, then immediately
(without refreshing) try to change the first boolean value to true and hit
save, then I get the following error:

UPDATE public.bools SET
b1 = %(b1)s::boolean WHERE
;
2017-11-21 10:34:57,378: ERROR pgadmin:
Failed to execute query (execute_void) for the server #1 - DB:postgres
(Query-id: 4249364):
Error Message:ERROR: syntax error at or near ";"
LINE 3: ;

Table:

CREATE TABLE public.bools
(
id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('bools_id_seq'::regclass),
b1 boolean,
b2 boolean,
b3 boolean,
CONSTRAINT bools_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)