Re: pgAdmin 4 feedback

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Michael Hornick <mhornick(at)insurancesystems(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 4 feedback
Date: 2016-07-12 11:15:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Michael Hornick <
mhornick(at)insurancesystems(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello team – great work!

Thanks!

> We have been using Postrgres as the main database for our insurance
> product for over 10 years, and it has been a great experience so far.
> Personally, I have been using a product called AQT to do most of my
> Postgres SQL work – mainly because of the lack of “features” offered in
> pgAdmin III. Although, most developers in our company indeed use pgAdmin
> III. Thankfully, it seems that some great headway is now being made. Let
> me know if you want a list of features that I use daily on AQT that I would
> like to see in pgAdmin – I would be happy to list and explain those in
> order of usefulness.

Please do - you can log feature requests (and bugs) here:
https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues/new. Please use one
ticket per request/bug.

> *Issues:*
>

> My first issue with the new pgAdmin 4 is that the numeric fields seem to
> add commas and “.00” in the table listings. I would need a way to turn
> this feature off before I could use pgAdmin 4. The reason is that we use
> numeric 19,0 often as a record object ID in many fields within our over 700
> database tables. These fields always contain 19 digits, and it seems
> impossible to easily read these fields using this new listing format.

Yes, I've had other complaints about that, and am inclined to just disable
numeric formatting as we did in pgAdmin 3.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company