Re: Observed issue in pgAdmin3 while creating Type object

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Observed issue in pgAdmin3 while creating Type object
Date: 2016-02-01 09:58:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> Hi Dave
>
> To fix this I have used "qtTypeIdent" instead of "qtIdent". I have found
> one more issue, in case of Edit mode options related to Range information
> has not been populated for existing Type, the problem here is as per the
> wxWidget documentation for a combobox with wxCB_READONLY style the string
> must be in the combobox list, otherwise the call to SetValue() is ignored.
>
> To fix this instead of using "SetValue()" I have used "Append" method and
> also disable all the controls in case of Edit mode as user can't change it.
>
> Attached is the patch file to fix this issue

Thanks. I was just looking at this and it seems like the whole dialogue is
pretty unusable. Please see the attached screen shot - aside from the
ridiculous number of controls on there, you'll note that the grid that
should list the members of the type only shows it's headers.

Can you see what got messed up here? I don't believe anyone ever
intentionally designed that dialogue like that.

I've committed the first patch - thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 09.52.17.png image/png 113.7 KB