UBI based container patch

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: UBI based container patch
Date: 2021-02-01 16:21:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

* Do not commit this! *

The dev team have discussed moving the pgAdmin container to be based on
Redhat's UBI instead of Alpine Linux. I got some time today to work on
that, and a patch is attached for interest/archives.

Whilst the build process is arguably cleaner with this patch, plus it
would be easier to maintain the versions of the PostgreSQL tools that are
included, unfortunately using UBI takes the size of the container from
~278MB to ~462MB.

So... unless someone finds a huge error in the patch that causes this
bloat, I think we have no choice but to stick with Alpine Linux.

Any thoughts/comments?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
ubi-container.diff application/octet-stream 12.0 KB