Re: PgAdmin III 1.22 crashes, bug riport

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Strauch, Sheldon" <sstrauch(at)enova(dot)com>
Cc: "Crain, Andrew" <acrain(at)cincinna(dot)gannett(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgAdmin III 1.22 crashes, bug riport
Date: 2016-02-15 12:24:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Strauch, Sheldon <sstrauch(at)enova(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hello again Dave,
>
> PFA a seg fault dump from pgadmin III 1.22.0 RC 1 debug build.
>
> This occurred while resizing a SQL window that had a small explain query
> in the query edit control and the resulting small explain text result
> displayed in the result grid. I had previously reset the views on both my
> SQL window and my main window to "default", closed and restarted pgAdmin as
> you'd suggested.
>
> Clearly, this is happening deep in the bowels of wx and the apple display
> code. As far as anything odd about my machine goes, I typically run my
> MacBookPro with two 27" displays, one Thunderbolt, one Cinema, as well as
> the laptop Retina display. I also regularly use my Apple wireless mouse
> and wireless keyboard. It is worth noting that I do experience such faults
> when using only the Retina display, just less frequently.

That looks like a different issue to the one the first couple of stack
traces pointed at. It doesn't seem like a particularly unusual
configuration (I use 2 x 24" Dell monitors over DP connections for
example), so I suspect that's not the cause. I'll have to poke at that one
further and see if I can reproduce it.

As for the other issue (the one with GetPort() near the top of the stack
trace), I've made some tweaks to the code to include a little more sanity
checking. Could you (and Andrew Crain) give the test build at
http://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/pgadmin3-1.22.1-test.dmg a whirl please?

Thanks.