Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #3607 Edit Data: Not able to remove filter SQL condition

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #3607 Edit Data: Not able to remove filter SQL condition
Date: 2018-09-12 13:01:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 10:03 AM, Akshay Joshi <
akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 7:10 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 10:12 AM, Akshay Joshi <
>> akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Hackers,
>>>
>>> Attached is the patch to fix the following for filter dialog:
>>>
>>> - OK button should be disabled for Filter dialog when filter string
>>> is empty. Filter dialog should be opened using context menu View
>>> Data -> Filtered Rows or shortcut toolbar.
>>> - On validation error dialog should not be closed.
>>> - User should be able to clear the filter string from the Query Tool.
>>> - Validation error should be thrown when filter dialog opened from
>>> Query Tool and provide some wrong filter string.
>>>
>>> Please review it.
>>>

>> This works better now, but I think there are still some related issues.
>> If I clear the filter, then the filter/sort button stays blue in this mode;
>> and that is because we sort by default.
>>
>> However; when we open in first/last/view modes, we also sort by default,
>> but *don't* colour the button.
>>
>> I think that the button should always be blue if there is sorting and/or
>> filtering in place, and that the standard "View" option should *not* sort
>> at all by default.
>>
>> Make sense?
>>

> Attached is the modified patch where I have added following:
>
> - When user click on View Data -> All Row, data will not sorted by
> default, when filter dialog opens from query tool it won't show anything
> (empty dialog).
> - When user click on View Data -> All Row, and later change the limit
> then data will be sorted based on primary keys.
> - When user click on View Data -> First/Last 100 rows then it will be
> sorted on primary keys and when filter dialog opens from query tool then it
> shows the sorting columns.
>
> Please review it.

Just one issue I found; if I open the tool via "View first 100 rows" or
"View last 100 rows", and then click the Sort/Filter button and remove the
sort field and hit OK, the button stays blue and if the dialogue is
re-opened, the sort field is still present.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company