Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix issues in Boolean editor

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix issues in Boolean editor
Date: 2017-11-17 09:21:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <
murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> I wasn't working for me in Chrome, I almost have to click second time to
> set proper value in checkbox & even after that it was not saving the
> correct state properly.

OK, well clearly that needs fixing too, but that wasn't the point of this
particular ticket :-)

> And regarding issue in runtime, I checked with windows runtime and found
> that Qt does not support indeterminate state for the checkbox :(
> So when we set the state to false it actually is indeterminate state and
> if we click one more time it sets it to false.

OK, so how do we fix that? The Qt docs are quite clear that QCheckBox
*does* support tri-state (see QCheckBox::setTriState(). Worst case is that
we have to create our own control right?