Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror
Date: 2020-01-29 10:04:43
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:45 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 4:24 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 8:01 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
> wrote:

> moment -
> >>
> >> This hasn't changed yet ...
> >

> > And here's another 3 month reminder that this is still a todo.
>
> Oh look, another 3 months have passed, and it's still broken. Are
> there *any* plans to fix this?

As I said last time, I was waiting for a patch from Stephen, which is why
it wasn't on my TODO. I've pushed a fix to redirect any pgweb PRs, which is
what you said upstream you were looking for.

> If not, I guess we have to split up and create a second organisation
> "postgres2" or something and move repos over there. But I'm not sure
> that's better than just reverting this change until such a time that
> someone finds a tool that actually works in our scenario.
>
> For example, there have been discussions of trialing the use of the
> github workflow for pgweb, to see if that encourages contributions.
> This software now effectively makes that impossible to even trial.

Meh. It takes 30 seconds to change the config so it doesn't apply to a
particular repo. Want me to do that?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com