Re: user 'postgres' can't we make it as Domain User while installing PostgreSQL9.0

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Gopavarapu, Rambabu (HP Software)" <rambabu(dot)g(at)hp(dot)com>
Cc: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: user 'postgres' can't we make it as Domain User while installing PostgreSQL9.0
Date: 2013-10-24 13:46:02
Lists: pgadmin-support

If you're using a domain account, you need to create it first, and ensure
it has the "log on as a service" right. Then, make sure you pass the domain
and account name to the installer (e.g. DOMAIN\postgres) so it knows to use
it for the service account. For example (from memory):

./postgresql-9.3.1-windows.exe --serviceaccount DOMAIN\postgres

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company