Re: Required inputs in issue #6138

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Required inputs in issue #6138
Date: 2023-06-15 09:40:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 at 13:43, Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi Hacker,
>
> I am currently working on issue #6138
> <https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/6138>, which was fixed
> earlier but the fix was not correct so working on it again.
> Steps to reproduce the issue:
> 1. Open *View/Edit Data *for *table1*
> 2. Open the PSQL tool delete the same *table1 *and recreates the same
> name table *table1* and try to re-execute the query from the
> already opened *View/Edit data *panel.
> 3. pgAdmin throws an error in the Messages tab *List index out of range *(pgAdmin
> query to get table columns from Postgres based on *table oid* which was
> deleted and the return result is empty which is not handled in pgAdmin)*.*
>
> Approach to fix this issue:
> 1. If the user re-executes the query from already opened *View/Edit data* we
> should fetch the table details by using *schema and table name (not using
> table oid)* and show the newly created table records in the result.
> (This will only fix an issue with *View/Edit Data *however if the user
> switches to properties or some other panel it user will still get an error
> notification with content *"could not find the specified table."*)

I think this is fine. The View/Edit data window shows the query with
table/schema name after all, so the user should expect it to work.

--
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com