Re: Result grid rendering (was: Re: [pgAdmin4][Pattch] - RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOT work when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file)

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Result grid rendering (was: Re: [pgAdmin4][Pattch] - RM #3673 - "Download as .csv" F8 does NOT work when one of joined files is a TEMPORARY file)
Date: 2019-03-01 12:49:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 5:39 AM Khushboo Vashi <
khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Please find the attached fix.
>
> Thanks,
> Khushboo
>

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 6:58 PM Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 3:46 AM Khushboo Vashi <
>> khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dave,

>>> Can you please provide the exact steps to reproduce the second issue as
>>> after fixing the first one I can't reproduce it.
>>>

>> Sure - movie seems easiest, so grab some popcorn and put the attached on
>> the big screen!
>>
> Unfortunately, I don't have a big screen, so I missed the opportunity to
> have popcorn. :)

Booo :-(

Well, anyway - the sizing issue seems OK now, but if I have a table (id
serial primary key, data text) with enough rows that I need to scroll, when
I scroll to the end I can edit the id field in place, but the text editor
popup doesn't show up. If I try to edit a row further up, it seems to
appear in a weird place, so I suspect it's just rendering off-screen.

I think we should render it directly against the cell - above if the cell
is >50% down in the overall screen, else above, and something similarly
sane for the left/right.

Not sure if this is a regression or not, but it's unusable as-is, so can
you fix that too? I'll commit your current patch.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com