Re: [pgadmin-hackers][Patch] Change alert styling

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Joao Pedro De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers][Patch] Change alert styling
Date: 2017-06-29 00:51:50
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Joao Pedro De Almeida Pereira <
jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> In this patch we are introducing SCSS that we generated for the style
> guide.
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> The patch is split into 2 files:
> - 01-add-scss-building-to-webpack.diff
> In this file we add the compilation of SCSS into CSS to webpack

Are you committing to migrating all the main CSS to SCSS? Whilst I can see
the advantages of SCSS, I don't want to end up with a mix and match mess of
the two (though, I'd be fine with keeping the smaller, module-specific CSS
if it doesn't make sense to migrate it).

> - 02-change-alert-messages.diff
> In this file we create a Wrapper for Alertify's success and error function
> so we can introduce new styling on them. We change all the places in the
> app where alertify.success, alertify.notify (with the type 'error' or
> 'success') and alertify.error are called.

What is the advantage of this over simply overriding the existing styles?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company